How you can support us
The Clan Macpherson Museum Trust receives no revenue public funding of the Museum. As explained on the Trust page, it is a registered charity (Scottish Charity Number: SC 020005). As you might imagine, getting the books to balance is a constant challenge. It relies substantially for its survival on the generous donations of its supporters, visitors and members of the Clan Macpherson Association. Supporters can choose one of six routes to make charitable donations to the Trust:
- by placing a donation into one of the collecting boxes at the Museum
- by doing your on-line shopping for anything from food to fridges, using the easyfundraising portal
- by leaving a bequest in their will
- by donation to the Sheila, Lady Cluny Museum Endowment Fund
- by making a donation to The Guardians Fund. A list of the current Guardians of the Clan Macpherson Museum can be seen here.
- by becoming a Friend of the Clan Macpherson Museum. A list of the current Friends of the Clan Macpherson Museum can be seen here.
This is really easy and doesn't cost you anything! It is at the moment, however, only open to those living in the UK. Registered with EasyFundraising are literally hundreds of on-line shops. All the big ones are there: Tesco, John Lewis, B&Q, M&S, etc. etc. When you want to purchase something from one of them, instead of going directly to their website, you go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk When you register with the site, you register the fact that your preferred charity is the Clan Macpherson Museum Trust. So once on the site, you click the link to the On-line shop that you want to use and that click tells the On-line shop that a small percentage (typically 1.5%) of your bill is to be donated by the shop to the Museum.
Sheila, Lady Cluny Museum Endowment Fund
Registered Scottish Charity SC035718, subject to Gift Aid
This is a fund that was set up in memory of the late Lady Sheila Macpherson of Cluny. Income from the fund is used to cover curatorial costs. This enables us to open 7 days a week from April to October. In addition to Curatorial cover, it allows for the upgrading of exhibitions, scholarly research in relation to the Clan Macpherson and supporting student internship using the resources of the museum. To make a donation to the Lady Cluny Endowment Fund, please contact the Treasurer at the Museum address on the "Contact Us" page or by e-mail to: .
Na Diònadairean Clann Mhuirich or Guardians of the Clan Macpherson
Guardians are looked upon as patrons of the museum. All of the income is invested in the Clan Macpherson Museum Trust - a Registered Scottish Charity SC020005 and subject to Gift Aid.This fund that set up to cover major financial outlays. The income from the investments is used for general maintenance. To become a Guardian, please contact the Treasurer at the Museum address on the "Contact Us" page or by e-mail to: .
To become a Guardian an individual or couple make a minimum donation of $1000 or the equivalent in local currency. The dollar figure acknowledges that it was Rod Clarke's inspiration to create this fund.
Once a Guardian you will be welcomed on the Clan Macpherson Museum Facebook page and receive the following benefits in perpetuity:
- you will have your name added to the Guardian plaque in the Museum
- you will receive newsletters about what is going on in the museum.
- you will be invited to attend an exclusive annual Friends and Guardians event in the museum
- you will be listed on the Clan Macpherson Museum website and annually in the Clan Macpherson Association magazine, Creag Dhubh
- you will enjoy the hospitality of the Clan Macpherson at Newtonmore with free entry to events organised by the Clan Macpherson Association at the Museum.
- when you buy at either the museum or on-line shop, earn points to make free purchases
The Friends of the Clan Macpherson Museum
The subscriptions from the Friends provide a regular annual income which is used to cover general operating costs. Membership is £40 (minimum) p.a. for an individual, £60 p.a. for a couple and £125 p.a. for corporate membership. To join, please fill in the form here, to renew your membership please fill in the form here.
Once a Friend you will be welcomed on the Clan Macpherson Museum Facebook page and receive the following benefits for as long as you maintain your annual subscription:
- you will have the satisfaction of giving to a good cause, helping to keep our Museum alive and thriving
- at the annual Gathering there is often an At-Home event at the Museum. Friends of the Museum will be invited to the event as guests of the Museum
- as a Friend of the Museum, your name will be listed on the Clan Macpherson Association website, you will be given a personal welcome and mentioned on the Museum Facebook page